Our Volunteer Network
Our volunteers are the most valuable part of Meals on Wheels. Without them, our service would simply cease to exist.
More than just volunteering
Our team of volunteers do more than just a job. Our volunteers actively contribute to their community. They offer their time, willingness, a sense of humour and a sense of giving. They often say that they truly enjoy and feel that their lives are enhanced by the volunteer work that they do – many saying that they feel like they are making a real difference. There are many personal benefits to volunteering too, it gives a sense of acting on your values and passions, a chance to make new friends and enjoy new social and cultural experiences, helps expand your community network, it’s an opportunity to gain work experience and learn new skills.
These are the most common positions available
Volunteer Recruitment Procedure
The process used for the recruitment of volunteers is as follows:
1. Interested persons complete an application for a volunteer position.
2. 100 point identification is required. eg passport, driver’s licence etc.
3. A police check is required to be carried out.
4. The applicant will be informed as soon as possible of the result of the application. If the application is rejected the reason will be given.
5. If the application is successful the volunteer will be given a copy of the relevant job description and an outline of their rights and responsibilities.
Come join our team of happy volunteers.
Clients & Volunteers
Nutritious home delivered meals at a modest price